|Duration||1⁄2 day or 1 day|
|Time||4 – 6 hours|
|Max. number of participants||12|
|Pre-Requisite||Participants must be in good health and free of injuries which may be aggravated by practical lifting exercises.|
Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 require the assessment of hazardous handling operations. This course will give the necessary skills to make those assessments to lift safely.
To provide the participant with the knowledge and practical skills to gain an understanding of the principles of manual handling.
The participants will be able to:
- Recognise the risks and practices indicated in manual handling and the consequences of poor posture
- Be familiar with good ergonomic practices
- Demonstrate good kinetic lifting principles
- Employee / employers obligations
- The importance of the TASK, LOAD, INDIVIDUAL CAPABILITY, ENVIRONMENT
At the end of the course the participants will be required to complete a ‘tick test examination’ to confirm knowledge and understanding.
At the end of the course you will be awarded a certificate of attendance.
Manual handling courses are suitable for anyone whose work involves lifting or moving loads in any environment including the office.