|Max. number of participants||12|
The aim of the course is to train operators in the safe mounting, use and selection of abrasive wheels and cutting discs.
At the end of the course the participants will have an understanding of current relevant legislation and be able to demonstrate their ability to fit an abrasive wheel.
On completion of the training an operator should be able to:
- Select and mount the appropriate disc for work in hand
- Have an understanding of current relative legislation
- Be aware of the characteristics of an abrasive wheel and the marking system in choosing the correct wheel
- Understand the hazards and precautions to be considered when using abrasive wheels
- Understand the importance of the PUWER regulations
- Understand the importance of inspecting, handling, transporting and storing abrasive wheels
- Understand their responsibility to wear the correct PPE and to co-operate with their employer in safe working practices
At the end of the course there will be a written test paper to confirm knowledge and understanding.
On completion of the course the participant will be issued with an attendance certificate.
Anyone who may have to select and operate hand held grinding or cutting machines for particular operations.